Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Cry for Pie

Once again, I have spent a few days away from the computer composing the "Blog of the Century" in my head, only to have it completely disappear the moment I sit down to type.
The subjects over which I would like to elucidate are religion vs. relationship, parenting, the uglies of divorce, and possibly pie. Why pie? Well, frankly, pie is the most interesting of all the aforementioned subjects. Pie is good.

Now, don't get me wrong. Cake is lovely and chocolate chip cookies are divine. I truly have shown my affection for both cake and cookies all too often in the past 40 years. However, cake is mainly reserved for birthdays and cookies belong in a lunch pail. Pie is for dessert.

Pie is sweet, but it doesn't have to be overly so. It can be made of fruit or cream or both! Pie can be served after a formal dinner or a family picnic. Pie can even be serve AS dinner! Such versatility is so hard to find and yet here it is. Pie.

I do not advocate savory pie in any form, but you cannot deny its popularity. Shepherd's Pie, Chicken Pot Pie, Pizza Pie. Okay, Pizza Pie is stretching it, but you get my drift. Pie is truly universal!

Calzones are pie in my book. Crust on all sides, filled, and baked? Sounds like pie to me. If I ate it, I could probably argue that Dim Sum was a form of pie too. I'm sure I read somewhere that the name Dim Sum meant "little pie bites." No? Oh don't be so sure.

As you can see, pie is on my mind. Better there, than on my hips. Right?




In closing, that means that Life on Elk Meadows is flakey, crusty, and fruity; all at the same time. Just like Pie!





No comments:

Post a Comment